Saturday, August 28, 2010

The big move

We moved on August 13th and things have been pretty busy since then. We are trying to settle into our new normal. Easier said than done for the kiddos. Especially Makenna. She has had a rough time adjusting. Every little thing just sets her off. Super whiny, super clingy, and very demanding of my time and attention. I know this change is very tough. Big changes in her life do not go over well. I know why and so I try to be understanding and patient. I am sure I don't succeed sometimes but I am making an effort.

On a brighter note we are exploring our new area and that is exciting. I am sad to leave my hometown and all that is familiar but finding new favorite things together as a family is fun.

Some current new favorites for us: beautiful blue skies and no humidity, Dicamillo's Bakery (yum), living close to water, Wegmans grocery store, Niagara Falls, and the Buffalo Zoo. I will keep everyone posted on getting settled. Here are a few pictures from the month.













2 comments:

Virginia said...

I'm glad you guys made it safe and sound. Looks like you're settling in nicely. Just don't get too comfy, remember you're supposed to move back here at some point (wink). I love all of the pictures of the kiddos =).

Sherry said...

Hope Makenna gets adjusted soon. I'm sure it's just the newness of it all. Looks like you have found lots to do there already.

Love the pictures --- and Makenna's hair has gotten so long.