Friday, February 20, 2009

Now we are waiting on USCIS

Our application for government approval is on it's way to Chicago (or possibly already there). This is the big hurdle that we have to get through before we travel to bring Makenna home. Processing times at the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) have been speeding up so I am hoping for a quick turnaround. After they process our application we will be contacted for a fingerprint appointment. At that time I can go ahead and apply for visas and start on the next round of paperwork for travel. After all this waiting, once that approval comes through things will move quickly. I still don't know when we will travel. I hope it is no later than May, but would be thrilled if it was April!

I have contacted several people who are travelling to Makenna's province ,(and who have children from her SWI )in the next few weeks and asked them to take pictures if they are able to visit the orphanage. I hope someone is able to bring us some new photos!

No comments: