Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Funny Girl



She is so silly! Makenna had her 18 month check up and all is well. She is a little over 31 inches tall and weighs 24 lbs 12 oz. Her iron is still a little low but improved from 15 months. She was doing lots of things on the developmental checklist but she is not really talking much. Had a meeting with the First Steps (early intervention)coordinator yesterday and she will be evaluated soon. I am sure they will help her get all those thoughts into words! She understands so much of what we say and she is getting more and more frustrated that she can't respond.
I love how you can see all the way to her tonsils in the last picture! She cracks me up.







3 comments:

Sherry said...

Wow that girl has a big mouth. hahaha. And lots of teeth. Cassie just this week started cutting her 12 month molars. She's a tad behind. :)

Glad to see the girl is growing and her iron is getting better.

I wouldn't worry too much about the talking yet. At least we aren't worrying yet.

Cassie learned to 'quack' like a duck this week. Her mama is very proud. hahaha. Who cares about talking when you can quack like a duck.

Virginia said...

Man that girl is cute! I love her dress, too. Kerry has been obsessed with straws, and drinking from straws lately, too. I'm glad to see she's still so healthy and growing so well. I'm sure she'll be talking up a storm in no time but I don't blame you for wanting to know where you're at and what to expect. I guess it just goes with our occupational backgrounds. We have to get these girls together again soon. Are you planning to going to the fair?

Gin =)

Jen said...

She is just so beautiful!