Sunday, July 19, 2009

Updates


Makenna can do lots of things now. She still has no real words yet in English(except mama) but she communicates with us pretty effectively. She uses a few simple signs like more and eat and all done. When I say things to her sometimes she just watches my mouth and moves her mouth but doesn't make any sound. It is like she is practicing the movement of her mouth or something. She understands what we say a lot of the time. She can point to several body parts when we ask. She will give kisses and hugs to me and both the other kids but not all the time. When we ask for a kiss or hug she sometimes will just shake her head no. She LOVES books and will bring me books to read her all the time. When she gets hurt just a little (not really hurt) she makes a little whiny sound and walks over for me to kiss it and make it better. If she falls or bumps into something pretty hard she will usually cry really hard and resist me trying to comfort or cuddle her. She is still very clingy with me a lot of the time. She wants me to walk around the room with her or walk with her to go look out the door. It is so frustrating at times. I know she is trying to learn to explore on her own but doesn't feel confident enough yet. When I get irritated with her I feel pretty guilty because she is doing really well overall. I am just tired of being everything to everybody I guess, and I really want a break. Guess I will just have to wait for that.

4 comments:

Virginia said...

Sounds like she is doing well! She and Kerry have a lot in common She still has very clingy days,too, and is pretty "tough" when it comes to bumps and falls) Makenna has the best smile! So when are we getting these two together? Like I said, we have a Zoo pass now or maybe we could just meet up at a mall or for lunch sometime =)

Sherry said...

Thanks for the update on Makenna. She and Cassie seem to be at the same point on lots of things. Cassie is also nuts about books. But the same 3 or 4 of them -- over, and over, and over, and over.

Love the picture -- she's such a little cutie.

Hugs,
Sherry

Kelly Jean said...

Makenna is so cute!!! SHe cracks me up, I can't imagine raising 3 kids with Eric gone for so long. But you are doing great and before you know it this will all be a memory and Drew will be getting on your nerves right along with the kids..lol

Marla said...

Hello, I'm a friend of Gins. We had dinner with her and Kerry Lu on Tuesday night. She has told me about you. We are having a Moon festival in October and would love to meet you and your adorable daughter. You can email me or get in touch with Gin. Look forward to meeting you.