Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Leaving in the Morning

I am leaving for China in the morning. I am all packed and the suitcases don't weigh near 44 pounds so it can be done. Please let both suitcases arrive in China when we do! I am really just exhausted and ready to see Makenna. I hope the flight goes by quickly and I can sleep for most of it. I will miss Liv and Jack sooooo much while I am gone but they will do fine.
I know I will miss Drew every minute of the trip and when I think of meeting our baby without him I cry every time. Wish me luck that I can keep it together when I see her and don't freak her out! Please everyone who reads the blog, leave comments for us while we are in China! It helps to know all the people who are sending love your way across the world :)
Well I am going to try to sleep.
I know this will be the trip of a lifetime.
Next post from Beijing!!!!!

4 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

WOW! I can't believe it's finally happening I really can't...every time I think of you going to get your baby it makes ME cry. I wish Drew could be with you sis but I know he will be there through you and I'm so thankful you aren't doing this trip alone we were blessed with great parents! I could hardly sleep last night thinking about you guys..God bless and be safe! I'm going to get my camera at 4:00 today so I'll see ya soon!
Kelly

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you to get home Makenna-- we are so blessed for you to join our family. I wish I could be there but I will be waiting here till your Mom and Grandpa bring you home to us. Enjoy your trip-Be safe-I Love you all!!!!
Nana

Aunt Jaime said...

I am soo happy I can see your blog from work now !! I will be checking everyday and waiting for new posts. I can't wait to see you all in two weeks. Miss you guys already and I wish I could have been there last night to say good-bye. Luv ya!!

Kim Durall said...

Best of luck to you guys! I cant wait to meet Makenna! Have a safe trip!

Lots of love,

Kim (Meyer) Durall
(Andys cousin)